My students love to work with their big buddies. They look up to them and enjoy saying hi to them outside the classroom. I could go on and on about the positive aspects of this relationship and how it is building community within our school but I will move on to the project :)
Recently, we made a collage using the app Pic Collage. Students took photos, and drew pictures, and added text to create an 'all about us' collage. Below you can see a few samples with the faces blurred out.
I have also used this app to share with parents a snapshot of what we are doing at school. You know the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words", well it takes me about five minutes to take some photos of students at work and then create a Pic Collage that can be sent home to parents as your class newsletter. Below are two samples. One is from our 100 day celebrations and the other is a daily update as we build roller coasters.
I have also seen this app used to demonstrate a number of things. You could:
- document patterns they seek in the classroom
- show the same number represented a number of ways
- show the steps they took to build something
- take photos of things that start with the letter _
- take photos of things that rhyme
- there are endless possibilities.......